Policy #2 - Recruitment
The IPP will follow a fair and equitable procedure to recruit the best qualified RS. Recruitment procedures follow Canadian Immigration Department requirements.
- 1.Approval by NSERC is necessary to appoint a RS.
- 2.Procedure shall be determined by the Director with advice from Council. The same search procedure shall be followed for all the candidates for a given search. The procedure should contain some or all of the following:
- a. Position should be advertised internationally. It should include magazines, or journals or newspapers with a wide readership among particle physicists.
- b. Applicants must provide a curriculum vitae and a list of referees or arrange references to be sent.
- c. There should be an interview and the applicant should normally give a seminar.
- d. IPP members should have an opportunity to comment on the candidates.
- 3.The Director decides who is appointed based on the recommendation of the Council.